Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Due to expansion, we’re looking for an energetic and engaging Contracts and Compliance Manager to support the increasing needs of our business. You will help the business grow in a way that meets regulatory requirements and protects Depop’s reputation. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be the liaison between Finance/Legal and the rest of the business. This is a broad role and you will work on a wide variety of projects.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Manage the contracting and renewals process for all suppliers, partners, users, (etc) and provide day to day contract support to the business. This includes ensuring:
- Correct up to date templates are used;
- Incoming contracts are reviewed by finance/legal, updated and managed with 3rd parties;
- Statements of work are complete;
- Contracts are approved by appropriate stakeholders, signed and filed;
- Renewals are diarised and managed;
- Data protection agreements/addendums are in place and managed.
- Help create and improve contracts and compliance processes for scale, develop standard forms and checklists, and drive efficiencies in the contracts process
- Internal training across the business (with Finance/Legal) on contracts and contracting processes
- Update the business (with Legal) on developments in relevant laws, regulations, guidelines (e.g. relating to data protection, child protection, social media, etc.)
- Manage internal risk register and ensure each department carries out tasks assigned to it.
- Previous experience in contract management, compliance, legal and/or a risk advisory related role
- Being well organised with an ability to manage a variable work-load and ad-hoc tasks
- Excellent IT skills and not afraid of spreadsheets
- Clear and confident communicator
- Proactive mindset, always finding ways to support the finance and legal functions
- Team-player with a drive for collective success
- Willingness to learn, grow and challenge yourself
- A self-starting completer/finisher
- Prior experience of a fast-paced environment (startup, small business), with exposure to a wide variety of tasks
We have stylish offices near Old Street and an open, collaborative atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish-early Fridays, gym discount, team nights out, yoga and more.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.