At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We are looking for two commercial interns to join our manufacturer and media agency team. They are exciting roles in an exciting team which is growing rapidly in the UK and Germany!
Reporting to the OEM Project Manager, you will be a critical link in the chain ensuring that we deliver on what we have promised, and in so doing enhancing carwow’s reputation in the automotive sector.
On a day to day basis you will be project managing multiple advertising projects, compiling decks for key client meetings and pulling together detailed reporting. You will also have the opportunity to work on two, high impact, innovation projects during your six months in the team and so you need to be a risk-taker with commercial awareness.
We have three guiding principles as a team; think big, get stuff done and have fun!
What you'll be working on:
Key content preparation
- Responsible for building key presentation materials for key client meetings (including manufacturer meetings, media agency meetings, third party meetings, keynote speeches etc.)
- Ensure that all materials are ready for review in time and delivered to an outstanding level of quality
Reporting and analysis
- Working closely with our business analyst, develop and update accurate and timely reporting on all key OEM & media agency activities
- Pull together insights for LinkedIn, insights events and sharing with clients
- Development of OEM dashboards to provide key summaries (e.g. market summaries, OEM performance summary)
- Working closely with the OEM project manager, ensure alignment across carwow and with the client, and ensure end-to-end delivery of campaigns with media agencies & OEMs
- Communicate effectively with all internal stakeholders to ensure on time delivery of projects, including; the product team, the partnership team (including B2B comms) and the data team
- Presentation of key content to junior-mid level media agency clients
- Build and develop an innovation project proposal each quarter, aimed to significantly enhance the current commercial proposition
- Present and gain approval of this proposal with the Director of OEM
- Occasional administrative support for the senior members of the team
Need to be available from June/July 2019 full-time for a minimum of 6 months
- You are a self starter who is keen to learn and has a bias to action
- You are able to demonstrate experience solving complex problems and remain calm under pressure
- You're comfortable with large data sets and have the ability to pull together compelling stories from the data through slides
- You have an excellent academic track record with a clear commercial mindset
- You possess strong attention to detail, with the drive to spot the ‘small things’ that could lead to ‘big results’
Nice to have's
- A thorough understanding of Google Slides, Sheets or Microsoft equivalent
- Proficiency in Tableau & Adobe Photoshop
- An appreciation for key advertising metrics
- A working knowledge of the automotive sector
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, basketball, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).