At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We need a Head of Growth to utterly transform the way we unearth growth from within our business. We want you to lead a squad of “special forces” at carwow; plan the growth mission, execute, learn, plan the next mission. For the right person, this role sits at the heart of how we operate - join us, be bold and let’s get some shit done.
- We are looking for a full time employee to join our team in a critical role to the business.
- Reporting to the CMO, you will take responsibility for leading a growth marketing team to help attack & improve conversion throughout our product and broader customer experience. You will also be a source of knowledge across our product ‘range’ (alongside the managers of other product teams) to consider how we build new developments with Growth and conversion at the core of any new concepts.
- Conversion improvement will be your guiding metric, framed under a core proposition for the business and the target customers most likely to convert to carwow. In time, you may be tasked with additional Growth priorities such as retention, acquisition or ARPU.
- Using smart and well established Growth marketing methodologies of hypothesising, testing, learning, repeating, you will be excited about leading a team to turn those tests and ideas into reality. The development of smart tests and having a data-led mindset is important. The truly outstanding candidates will be able to spitball, ideate and add creativity to the data to create the most impactful ideas to develop and test.
- On a day to day basis you will work closely with the whole marketing team, plus lead your own Growth marketing team who are consistently tasked with funnel busting initiatives that are self generated.
- The role is new to carwow and the candidate will need to embody a start-up mindset; it’s likely the right candidate will need to flex their workload and time to work on a variety of projects yet retain laser focussed on delivery on time.
- This is still a business (at all levels) with a strong ‘player manager’ mentality. We require a sleeves rolled-up attitude and the right candidate won’t envisage themselves as a thinker-only; it’s both action and strategy. We have an extremely strong bias to action.
- This role forms the backbone of the evolution of the carwow marketing team away from siloes and towards a joined-up, connected team with customer at the core, with smart marketing/growth tactics deployed to drive customer conversion through our product.
- With the CMO and product team/Director, hypothesise/deploy initiatives on our platform where we can improve performance, leading a growth marketing team
- Work with the Head of Marketing to ensure customer insight is fully baked into the Growth experiments and tests we create - this isn’t about just putting flames next to every price point and hoping for higher conversion. Understand the customer and the psychology of different motivation that enables better conversion.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to help how we market and sell our various propositions within our own product
- Experience with Growth marketing specifically (not just general marketing or digital marketing) within a technology business
- Deeply passionate about the conversion that lies within a business like ours: we have tonnes of traffic and sign-ups already, we need a fast and creative mindset to unearth greater conversion.
- Data-led but deployed in simple and digestible form
- Very strong bias to action, thinking smartly at pace is vital. This isn’t about a big, floorboards-up six month process creation
- Experience leading and developing cross functional teams
- Builds relationships easily - can motivate a team of non-marketers to be similarly action oriented and passionate about growth marketing
- Able to talk confidently and intelligently about commercial and marketing strategy
- Min bachelor’s degree in a technical, marketing or business discipline or equivalent
Our ideal candidates will also have:
- Experience running a product or data team, whether full time or for specific projects
- An understanding of performance and digital marketing and how customer insight can help improve the performance of these areas
- Able to interpret and analyse data easily, though no formal data science experience needed
- Self starting experience and able to thrive in an environment not yet full of process
- Entrepreneurial, experienced a high growth/start-up business before
- International experience - German and Spanish would be beneficial but not essential
- Have a general interest in cars and the auto market, but it’s not a requirement, there’s actually very few car geeks at carwow!
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).