In 2016 we set out with the mission to make effective, evidence-based therapies available to patients who suffer from chronic diseases. As back pain is the number one cause of disability worldwide with over 1 billion affected people, we built our first product, a clinically-proven mind-body therapy app, to help people with back pain.
We are looking for a driven, experienced engineer and architect who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
- Coordinate with technical leadership, client dev. teams, as well as product management on what we build next and how.
- Further develop our medical device API in Ruby on Rails by defining and iterating on software architecture.
- Implement new features, selecting frameworks and libraries, scaling the platform to support 1’000’000 concurrent users and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Opportunity to grow into a team lead role
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year of experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Minimum 4 years of overall software engineering experience
- Experience in defining software architecture
- Skilled in object-oriented software design and an understanding of design patterns
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, great communication skills and desire to influence the products being built
- Having worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape the future of digital health – one of the fastest growing industries.
- A goal that allows you to grow with. We believe we have only built a fraction of what we have imagined.
- Work with an experienced founding team (previously founded and scaled Foodora).
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Free drinks, Office BBQs and Mario Kart in the office ;-)