Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
In 2016 we set out with the mission to make effective, evidence-based therapies available to patients who suffer from chronic diseases. As back pain is the number one cause of disability worldwide with over 1 billion affected people, we built our first product, a clinically-proven mind-body therapy app, to help people with back pain.
We are looking for a driven, experienced engineer who is excited about our mission and wants to help us build a user-friendly application that improves the health of thousands of people around the world.
The role encompasses:
- Coordinate with the Android team and the other development teams (backend, iOS, QA), as well as product management on what we build next and how.
- Further develop our existing medical Android Apps in Kotlin by defining and iterating on software architecture.
- Implement new features, selecting frameworks and libraries and create new Apps for e.g. other diseases.
- You are a strong coder with deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development using Java or Kotlin
- Strong software architecture skills and ability to base engineering decisions on product vision
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design patterns, and software engineering best practices
- Experience in rapid prototyping, an eye for design, and a natural empathy for the user
- Strong engineering background, preferably with academic training in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
Ideally you also have:
- Experience with Android NDK or TensorFlow Lite
- Thorough understanding of machine learning concepts or first practical experience
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- having worked in a fast-growing organization before (preferred)
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Directly shape the future of digital health - one of the fastest growing industries
- Work with serial entrepreneurs
- Flat hierarchies, flexible vacation and working times
- Mario Kart in the office :-)