This is an entry level role that will help drive the risk agenda at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high-growth fintech company.
GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we. The risk team must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains innovative and appropriate risk processes and controls as we have a duty to banking partners, regulators, schemes, merchants and their customers to review and monitor accounts and transactions with the utmost care.
We've built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other's professional growth. So, if you are ambitious, and enjoy a positive atmosphere where you'll enjoy seeing your efforts put into production then come and be a part of the incredible GoCardless journey.
Every day you’ll be working as part of a small, close-knit team, conducting moderate to complex risk analysis and fraud investigations, with the aim of protecting GoCardless from fraud, financial and reputational risk.
- Monitor risk alert queue and identify high risk transactions within the business portfolio
- Resolve queued transactions within the service level agreements to reduce potential revenue losses
- Identify improvements to prevent fraudulent activities
- Attain a thorough understanding of GoCardless’ policy and processes
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of account and transaction data
- Manage correspondence with external stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with compliance, legal and support members of the GoCardless community
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU ARE:
- Critical and detailed: You use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches/conclusions and have a sharp eye for spotting patterns/trends and irregularities
- An active learner: You understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- A complex problem solver: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Results-focused: You can prioritise, organise, and show initiative and willing to get the job done no matter the obstacles
- Decisive and accountable: You’re self-directed; you understand the impact of every decision you make on transactions/accounts reviewed
- Dynamic and growth-oriented: You are ambitious and gravitate towards challenges, seeking better and more innovative ways to work
- A team player: You work closely with other high-performing teams to enable fast, convenient, safe and risk-free payment processing for our merchants
- You are interested in building a career in the payments industry (fraud and/or payments related experience is a plus)
- You have the ability to read and interpret credit bureau reports and corporate financial statements
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Work, including Excel, Word and Google Sheets
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.