Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company offering access to an entirely new source of information: the consensus credit risk view of the world’s leading financial institutions. These unique credit risk indicators help deliver a greater understanding of the credit quality of entities around the world.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced Jr. Interaction Designer to join our New York Office. This role will report to the Chief Product and Technology Officer.
As the team’s Interaction Designer you will work directly on an industry leading product that is changing the way in which businesses approach and manage risk. Your role will span both UI and UX disciplines while you work shoulder to shoulder with external design agencies, internal product design and development teams (in London and NYC) in a high paced, agile environment. This is a great opportunity to develop not just your design skills, but to gain valuable, practical experience into how design thinking and modern design processes can be integrated throughout the organization.
Your responsibilities will include
- Create the best user experience for our customers while understanding business needs, product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused intuitive products, interfaces and platform.
- Create user-interfaces from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, typography, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with UX & UI designers, product owners, and data specialists at all levels including remote teams.
- Staying abreast of UI/UX trends while looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
What we are looking for
Ideally you will have:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- A portfolio of visionary project delivery and other projects you’ve worked on.
- A customer-focused, outcomes-based mind-set.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using UI design tools like Sketch and Figma and experience with UX tools.
- Understanding of basic front-end languages: HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience in working with interactive (agile) development processes.
- Ability to work independently while managing competing priorities, meeting agreed upon deadlines, and being accountable for your work.
- Travel to London when needed. We offer a competitive basic salary based on experience.