ROLI is looking for a Music Education Consultant to join our Product team and help to build new hardware and software products for music learning. You’ll be responsible for defining ROLI’s music curriculum, devising the pedagogical framework and architecting customer learning journeys. You’ll also work closely with the software team to set lesson templates and to create highly engaging lesson and practice content.
Please note this is a three month, full-time contract with potential for extension.
As our Music Education Consultant, you’ll work on developing digital music curricula for our products, with an initial focus on keyboard learning. You’ll create a clear user journey from beginner to intermediate learner through a highly engaging app-based digital curriculum.
You’ll work at a macro level devising curricula, core topics and learning milestones. You will also work at the lesson level on learning goals and lesson content. The curricula will address both younger and adult learners and as such you will need a flexible approach that recognises the needs and preferences of different audiences and tailoring accordingly. Key metrics will be engagement (DAU,WAU,MAU), app downloads, LTV and NPS.
We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of music learning, with a particular focus on piano/keyboard learning. You are someone who has a rich sense of the various pedagological approaches to teaching rudimentary music theory, as well as beginner to intermediate piano. You may also have an understanding and experience of using digital learning apps, what works and what doesn’t. You embrace popular music and see potential in using this content to inspire and educate aspiring musicians.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an app-based music curriculum that is innovative, highly engaging and fun
- Define the principles for a digital music curriculum that reflects ROLI’s brand values, target audience & company mission
- Work closely with the ROLI product team to create a curriculum that is completely synergistic and integrated with ROLI’s hardware and software, leveraging the combined benefits of both
- Create a high level ROLI music curriculum that addresses absolute beginners through to intermediate learners, with an initial focus on learning to play keys
- Create a clear user journey with clearly structured learning milestones and curriculum topics.
- At the lesson level, devise learning goals and lesson content
- Incorporate popular music content into the learning experience
- Work closely with the software team to create learning content that builds engagement
- Create engagement loops in lesson/curriculum structure
- Build automated digital assessment into the software enabling users to progress to the next level
- Bake gamification techniques into the lesson and practice structure
What you’ll need:
- Significant experience in music education and curriculum development
- A deep understanding of music pedagogy and how to teach keyboard
- Extensive experience of lesson creation and assessment
- Good understanding of online learning techniques and approaches, ideally with hands-on experience of creating music learning apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, flawless written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong management experience
- A demonstrable drive for sustainable success
- A passion for music, technology and/or startups
Every member of the ROLI team benefits from:
- The opportunity to work with the leading minds within technology, hardware, and music creation to directly impact the way we create and interact with music
- A great working environment, featuring daily complimentary homemade vegetarian lunches as well as fresh baked bread, limitless homemade GOLDnola
- A dedicated company-wide Hack Day every four weeks to expand your skills
- Frequent friends and family events
Our permanent team members also get to enjoy:
- A competitive health care cash plan
- A company pension scheme
- 23 days holiday with 2 additional social impact days and the standard 8 statutory holiday days
- 20 hours per year dedicated to volunteering within the local community
- ‘Lending Library’ of all ROLI products
- Team member discounts on ROLI products
- Wellness programme including fortnightly massages, weekly guided meditation and yoga
- Apple laptop and relevant software licenses for your role and beyond
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- A generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
To learn more about us and our culture, check out: