Global migration is a 21st-century reality: Whether people are fleeing from something or racing towards better opportunity, finding love or experience new cultures, people are now living side by side in a new way. At Rebtel, we believe in tearing down borders – from the geographical borders that complicate international communication and borderless banking to the cultural borders that keep people divided. We’re on a mission to build products serving the 2 billion modern internationals of the world. We offer work, communication and banking services for anyone crossed a border:
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 40 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Do you have what it takes?
Rebtel is looking for a DBA/DW Engineer
- Are you passionate about changing the world?
- Loves to celebrate success together with a truly diverse team of 90 people with more than 40 different nationalities?
- Are you looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a start up with an already existing and continuously growing business?
- Are you keen on taking an incredible journey as we move our on-premises solution into a 100% cloud-based one?
We are looking for a very experienced DBA engineer to manage our MS SQL Server environment, from testing, staging and production servers, in a system that must run 24x7.
The role will be focusing on daily activities from monitoring production servers, keeping system healthy and stable, and ensuring continuous improvement and stability.
Additionally, we are migrating our on-prem datacenter into a cloud environment, therefore we will move our on-prem SQL Servers into both managed Azure SQL and native SQL Servers in IaaS on VMs.
We use some specific SQL server technologies such as mirroring and SQL Server Broker queues, on top of the regular T-SQL.
Finally, we have a set of load procedures to move data from production DBs to our DW, which are comprised of some native scripts as well as SSIS packages. As such, this role also comprises the need to do tasks around our DW stack, which includes SSIS and scripting to move data, SQL Server as the old DW stage and production area, and Mattilion and Snowflake as the new DW platform.
- 5+ years of maintaining high transnational MS SQL Sever in high available environment
- Excellent Knowledge of high performance best practices (table design, indexing, VLDB management).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving performance problems.
- Experience with backups and restores
- Experience in installing, maintaining, upgrading MS SQL Sever 2016
- Experience in setting up SQL Sever in any Cloud base environment (using IaaS in Azure and Azure SQL)
- Experience with ETL tools, such as SSIS and Mattilion
- Experience in troubleshooting data quality issues.
We are looking for:
- A hardworking individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines
- Someone who is into the details and passionate about quality
- A fast learning and dedicated person who is ready to grow with Rebtel