A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WE LOOK FOR RADICALLY BETTER 🚀
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to advise on our Japan launch and operations and advise on a variety of legal and regulatory matters. This position requires partnering with our legal team at our London headquarters and our business teams on the ground.
This role will be based in Tokyo, work with the Operations Lead (Japan) and report to the General Counsel at Revolut’s London headquarters.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Assess and advise Revolut Technologies Japan’s employees and Directors compliance matters including, but not limited to, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, sanctions, information/cyber security, trading of securities and other regulatory matters
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance risk
• Plan and execute compliance training concerning regulations, resolutions issued by the local regulators
• Coordinate Compliance Committee and Board of Directors’ meeting at Revolut Technologies Japan
• Draft regulatory reports to file with JFSA/KLFB and Japan Payment Service Association
• Communicate with Revolut Limited in order for Revolut Technologies Japan to make its compliance and internal control environment consistent with Revolut Limited
• Keep update the company registration with Tokyo Regional Legal Bureau
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR 📖
• Able to work under pressure, manage multiple project at once and meet the tight deadlines
• Experience and deep knowledge of regulations in Japan, such as Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds, Payment Services Act and Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
• Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various teams, outside counsel, and regulators
• A multi-tasker with close attention in detail
• A deep understanding of the regulations in Japan
• Ability to interact with JFSA/KLFB, Japan Payment Service Association, Japan Securities Dealers Association and other institutions which Revolut Technologies Japan is a member of
• Preferably have qualification of Internal Control Supervisory Manager of Japan Securities Dealers Association
WE LOOK AFTER OUR OWN 🎁
• We pay market value and offer equity as a bonus
• We’ll arm you with all the latest tech (Macbooks, monitors, the lot)
• Free Revolut Metal subscription