Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Junior Financial Data Analyst to join our finance team in our Boston office located in the Financial District. In this role, you'll help support our corporate financial analysis and reporting needs.
You will be part of the team that works with all departments of the company to measure business and operational performance and offers actionable insights to senior management.
- Monitor financial performance and highlight trends across key performance indicators
- Support monthly and quarterly business metric reporting process for management and board of directors
- Provide support in ad-hoc analysis to assist internal decisions for senior management through data gathering and analysis
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budget, variance analysis etc)
- Assist with financial planning and forecasting
- Help maintain and communicate a corporate repository of metric definitions to ensure that there is a single and unambiguous definition of every metric
- Bachelor’s degree preferably related to finance, data analysis, economics, math or engineering
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Excel or Google Sheets, and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge or interest in learning reporting and data analysis tools (knowledge of Tableau and SQL are a plus)
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others
- Strong business analytical abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
You must be:
- A good communicator, able to listen as well as to make a point persuasively
- Highly driven and self-motivated, but with the ability to work as part of a team
- Data curious, have an intrinsic need to investigate a data point’s measurement and context to fully understand its meaning
On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we offer:
- Free daily meals, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear
- Mobile plan
- Travel opportunities in the US and abroad
- 401(K) plan
- Health insurance plan
- Generous PTO
- Access to the best productivity and training tools
- Continuous personal growth and clear career development plan
This is an opportunity to join a world class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does.
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.