Compliance Officer (Food Supplements)
Based Manchester Airport office
About The Hut Group:
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
THG is looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Officer/Specification Technologist (Food and Supplements) with a good understanding of regulations pertaining to labelling of Foods and Food Supplements for EU Countries, to join our Regualtory Compliance Team.
With a focus on brand protection, the Regulatory Compliance Team plays a critical role in ensuring that our products can be marketed and sold legally all over the world. Based at our Head Office at Manchester Airport, this role offers the opportunity to contribute to the global success of The Hut Group and our market leading brands.
- Reviewing completed product recipes/specifications for compliance with internal policies and country specific legislative requirements;
- Writing and finalising finished product specifications, completing product labelling
- Reviewing labelling and marketing material for compliance with regional regulatory requirements,
- Working closely with NPD on new formulations to ensure compliance in Member States
- Advising on nutrition and health claims, ensuring they are correctly worded on product labelling and websites
- Reviewing company websites for compliance with country specific regulatory requirements;
- Proactively identifying potential issues and working together with the senior members of the team to reduce and/or eradicate their impact;
- Upkeep and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of applicable regulations and guidance;
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have
- Qualification in Food Technology, Food Law, Food Science, Food Safety or other related subject
- Good understanding of regulations regarding labelling for Foods and Food Supplements and usage of claims in the EU (including UK)
- Good understanding of food industry standard practices
- Good attention to details, strong communication skills, good time management skills
- Understanding on product registration process in Member States would be desirable but not essential , Good IT Skills - (Email, Excel and Word)
- Usage of product specification systems (especially Oracle Brand Compliance) would be desirable but not essential