THG aims to be the World's leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK's leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group's industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. To enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
We are looking for a Data Protection Analyst to manage THG’s data protection compliance programme.
The Data Protection Analyst will be responsible for:
- Acting as a point of contact for the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Providing advice to THG business units and stakeholders on data protection compliance
- Managing data protection processes such as responding to access and erasure requests
- Supporting the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Assessing the data protection posture and controls of third-party suppliers
- Identifying opportunities to automate data protection processes to provide greater efficiency
- Providing information to THG’s customers about THG’s data protection compliance
- Reviewing contracts to ensure appropriate data protection clauses are included
- Participating in the investigation and remediation of data protection incidents and complaints
THG has ambitious growth plans and the Data Protection Analyst must be commercially minded and understand the need to balance data protection with business needs.
- have experience and a deep understanding of GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, and PECR. An understanding of data protection legislation/regulation in jurisdictions outside the UK/EU would also be beneficial.
- have experience of working in a complex business which is active in multiple sectors, including e-commerce.
- have strong commercial awareness and able find a suitable balance between data protection requirements and business needs.
- be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and taking ownership for your own work.
- able to influence stakeholders at all levels to effect change.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Formal data protection qualifications would be beneficial, for example CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT.