EU Compliance / Regulatory Affairs Manager (Food Supplements)
Based Manchester Airport Office
About The Hut Group:
THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.THG is looking to recruit an EU Regulatory Affairs Manager for Food and Supplements with previous experience and understanding of regulations pertaining to labelling of Food and Food Supplements for EU Countries, to join our Nutrition & Regulatory Affairs team.
- Manage and oversee the EU Food regulatory and labelling team that is reviewing completed product recipes/specifications for compliance with internal policies and country specific legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all labelling and marketing material for compliance with regional regulatory requirements, including usage of claims relating to nutritional content, structure and function and other marketing claims.
- Collaborating with International Regulatory Team, Marketing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Purchasing, and others to leverage regulations.
- Provide regulatory guidance and answers compliance-related questions regarding new and reformulated product concepts. Identifies and provides resolution to strategic and tactical regulatory issues pertaining to food labelling.
- Assist Head of Regulatory in developing regulatory strategies that enable corporate growth and profitability
- Manage team of Senior Officers/Officers/Graduates; mentoring team members, put personal progression plans together, coordinating workload for the team, analyse workload efficiency as a team and for individuals
- Develop an engagement and continuous improvement framework which facilitates the involvement of employees at all levels
- Monitor and challenge reports to ensure that all policies, procedures and standards are adhered to
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have
- Qualification in Food Technology, Law, Food Science, Food Safety or other related subject.
- Good understanding of regulations regarding labelling, advertising and selling Food Supplements in Member States
- Good understanding of food supplement and food product specifications for compliance with EU regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of regulations regarding nutritional, health and other marketing claims present on product labelling, websites, marketing material for compliance with EU and local regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record and experience managing a team and complex workload
- Strong Communication skills.
- Organised and capable of prioritising, good attention to detail, confident decision maker
- Able to effectively communicate with higher level management within the wider business
- Great regulatory knowledge combined with commercial understanding is essential
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme