About The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About ESPA & the role:
Universally recognised as one of the world’s leading Spa and Skincare Brands ESPA’s inspirational vision and innovative approach continues to shape the Luxury Spa Industry. As the Head of New Business and a key Ambassador of the ESPA brand you will identify, convert and incubate new business, before handing over to the BM/Op’s function.
You will be responsible for the research, targeting and initial outreach to Senior Spa General Managers, Directors and owners via phone, email, and face to face meetings within a targeted list of Spas. You will be working to help us deliver ESPA commercial goals hit our profit targets and put strong foundations in place to grow. You will need a strong background within the Spa Industry with extensive contacts and demonstrable success in winning new business.
The Head Office is based in Manchester, however given the UK wide nature of the role we are open to discuss base location.
- Develop and implement effective Regional and Global New Business Strategies as set out by the THG Brand teams and as directed by the General Manager.
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities in partnership with the UK Head of Sales and the Head of International Sales and in guidance with the direction set by brand.
- Maintain, build and expand upon Group relationships both regionally and Internationally.
- Develops new business opportunities and win new clients as agreed within a targeted list of Spa’s.
- Manages the new business process through prospecting, qualification, client needs analysis and negotiation.
- Ensuring there is internal alignment in terms of resource and capability to meet expansion needs.
- Once contracts are won, rolls out the optimum operating model to ensure client engagement is up and running ensuring that all plans are well executed and deployed consistently across audited, managed and branded accounts.
- Works closely with the Head of Operations on International New Business in relation to opening negotiation’s, licensing and stock/POS opening orders.
- Keep up to date with the Industry trends and key prospect and focus on networking opportunities to win new business including attendance at all key Global Spa networking events.
- Leads a Junior New Business team to achieve New Business Targets
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual new business forecasts.
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand presentation consistency sharing knowledge of all launches and campaigns.
- Work with cross-functional departments to develop and reinforce KPIs, continuously communicating opportunities for heroes and big bets.