Monitoring & Tools Engineer
The Hut Group:
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and a disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength, and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
About the role:
A great opportunity to make a mark at THG. We are looking to recruit a Monitoring & Tools Engineer reporting to the Head of IT Service Delivery. They will be responsible for the customisation of Service Management workflow to create a number of bespoke services/dashboards, provide information for ITSM Data including incident, problem and change records to allow greater utilisation rates and improved performance. We are looking to automate as many of the operational toil as we can.
The successful candidate will build and integrate tools to support the World-class Service Operations centre responsible for proactive monitoring and incident management.
- Design, develop, implement, support, and advance the portfolio and automation related to our enterprise monitoring portfolio.
- Ensure all relevant infrastructure and services are properly covered within our monitoring and alerting systems in a manner consistent with our standards; collect the right metrics at the right frequency and ensure the data is readily available for effective alerting, reporting, and analysis.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of dev, opsand architects to understand complex application architectures in order to develop and implement an effective top-down monitoring strategy for holistic service visibility
- Collaborate with Service Operations team to support a cohesive and consistent visibility strategy and incident response process across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with monitoring tools and ensure high availability
- Analyses, designs, implements, maintains, and supports IT automation and monitoring solutions for enterprise infrastructure systems and platforms
- Oversees major tool implementations and/or upgrades, including continued support, documentation and training.
- Collaborates with Tech leads to ensure proper automated notifications are distributed when outages
- Lead the development for monitoring and service management tools.