THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centre in Warrington, Cheshire that is open 24 /7 364 days a year.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Process Engineer, with experience in automation of manufacturing and large-scale distribution to take part in system design, manufacturing and process improvement initiatives, and process modernisation.
This opportunity is based at our main distribution centre in Warrington and reports into the Head of Technical Engineering.
- Manage and deliver technical projects to fulfilment and manufacturing business areas across multiple geographic regions.
- Complete new technology evaluation/application using appropriate analytical, modelling and simulation methods.
- Identify operational risks and improvement opportunities; develop recommendations and propose solutions.
- Support the introduction of new physical and automated processes, capabilities and technologies.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure successful delivery of business requirements.
- Work collaboratively with business partners across multiple sites.
- Take part in root cause analysis, corrective actions and sharing of best practice across all appropriate areas.
- Assist in the development of core processes to improve business & operational efficiencies across fulfilment operations to deliver growth and scalability (Internationally)
- Development user requirements, and technical specifications.
- Support culture of CI initiatives including Lean, 5S’s etc
To be considered for this role, located in Warrington Cheshire, you will need to be located within a reasonable commute of this office and you should have the following:
Degree in Engineering / Mechatronics / Robotics and Automation / Similar
Experience in process design, equipment specification, installation and commissioning of manufacturing systems or similar.
Experience working within a warehousing and logistics / FMCG manufacturing environment.
Experience managing and implementing multiple projects
Experience in capacity analysis
Strong business acumen, ability to make sound business decisions and present cost benefits
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
Ability to keep calm under pressure, deal with conflicting priorities or ambiguity and good problem- solving skills
You will also need to be flexible and adaptable, comfortable working in a high pressure fast-paced and exciting environment.
If you have the following it would be useful but not essential.
· Experience working in hygienic environments i.e. food processing or pharmaceuticals.
· Experience in systems integration, machine automation and control systems.
· Good understanding of Continuous Improvement methodologies