The Hut Group aims to be the world’s largest Online Sports Nutrition, Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing international operations. We are located at Exit 116 right off the 65 in Shepherdsville KY, a short 20-minute drive from downtown Louisville.
The Hut Group is looking for a Regulatory Compliance Specialist with a good understanding on food and supplement labelling, creation of finished product specifications, product advertising and claim substantiation for our main Sports Nutrition brands, Myprotein and Ideal,.
This role reports to the Regulatory Compliance Manager. You will work together with the Compliance Team based at our HQ in the UK and with other teams including NPD, Production, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Marketing, Sales.
- Provide regulatory guidance and answer compliance-related questions regarding new and reformulated product concepts
- Work with NPD on new formulations of foods and dietary supplements, ensuring compliance with FDA and state-level regulations (Proposition 65)
- Manage internal product information and labelling for food and dietary supplement products
- Work with Procurement to ensure compliance of new raw materials and contract-manufactured products, including composition and labelling
- Work with NPD and Marketing on claims, and claim substantiation
- Review website advertising content to ensure compliance
- Identify and provide resolution to strategic and tactical regulatory issues pertaining to food labeling.
- Advise businesss regarding current and emerging food labeling issues and opportunities clearly summarising related impact on products and product technology.
- Assists Regulatory Compliance Manager in developing regulatory strategies that enable corporate growth and profitability. Maintain in depth knowledge of FDA regulations and policies.
- Mentor and coach junior labeling staff as required.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate that you have
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Food Law or Related Field
- 3+ years experience in food/supplement industry labeling and specifications
- Strong understanding of FDA regulations and guidance for food/supplements
- Pro-active, goal oriented, self-sufficient, good IT skills (preferably Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook), effective and good communicator verbally and in writing
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in BRC certification and auditing is desirable
- Experience with Proposition 65 in food is desirable
- Usage of product specification systems (especially Oracle Brand Compliance) would be desirable but not essential
Very competitive Benefits Package-
- Generous Paid Time Off, up to 150 hours per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability. 30 day waiting period for benefits
- Company pays up to 90% of insurance premiums
- 9 paid holidays
- Your birthday off, paid after 1 year of service.
- 401K with up to 4% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Awesome Employee discounts on our websites
- Employee Referral bonus program up to $100 per referral
- Climate Controlled
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
- Short 20-minute commute from Louisville and Elizabethtown