THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centres.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit an Operations Manager, with experience in automation and large-scale distribution to effectively manage inbound fulfilment operations at our Main Disrtibution Centre in Warrington.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Shift Managers and a team of up to 150 colleagues, ensuring operational targets are met and customer experience is delivered.
You will be required to:
- Ensure that all staff in your team can operate in a safe working environment
- Ensure that all staff are operating efficiently, safely and that quality standards are met so that customers receive an excellent experience.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Work with the Learning and Development team to ensure that your team have all received appropriate training so that they can all operate safely, efficiently and deliver a good quality customer experience
- Review work forecasts and determine resource required to meet the objectives
- Work closely with the other Operations Managers and the Head of Inbound and Outbound to ensure there is a good balance in terms of resource allocation and work flow
- Monitor costs associated with your area of the operation and review weekly with view to meeting targets and reducing costs
- Support Shift Managers where required with people processes
- Manage staff performance to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI`s) are reached
- Work with other areas of the business to assist with effective problem solving with the goal of improving customer experience, reducing costs and maintaining safety.
- Manage the housekeeping of the WMS system, ensuring system records are up to date and any issues are addressed or reported
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure maximum efficiency is achieved for the company and for customers
- Work with all other business sectors to assess, install, integrate and use effectively our warehouse management system in all areas
- Provide accurate management information
- Lead, Manage and Motivate a busy team to agreed standards
- Be active in identifying problems and solutions to rectify issues
- Encourage employee participation in continuous improvement and coach associates in quality tools and methodologies
- Identify key members of the team for development, by matching people and opportunities to promote succession planning
Shift pattern for this role is Mon to Fri 9 Hours per night (with 30 min break). The night shift runs from 6PM to 6AM and you sould be able to catch up with inbound team at start or end of shift so you will need to work either 5PM till 2AM OR 11PM till 8AM.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- At least 3 years People Management experience and line management experience within distribution (warehousing)
- Worked in an automated/semi-automated distribution environment
- Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth, whilst managing the day to day.
- Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Ability to cope with an environment that’s operational 24/7.
- Be fluent in English and Highly Numerate. Strong verbally and in written communications, good at analysing data and delivering clear reports
- Flexible and willing to work night shift and at weekends occasionally as and when required.