We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions.
Every day we look to tackle highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal financial activities. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing our Series B investment round of $30m led by Index Ventures and tripling our revenue year-on-year, we’re growing fast and are looking for the best people to join us.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our AML Screening and Monitoring team. You’ll have experience developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- Responsible for working with the engineering team and product to design, implement and support features and components for our screening platform.
- Responsible in developing various REST framework services handling large volumes of data.
- You will iterate over the existing codebase to enhance with new components and features in order to address some of the enterprise grade requirements.
- You will work with databases at scale and provide solutions as appropriate
- Effectively communicate the relevant updates and queries with other stakeholders (designers, delivery, product and other team members)
- Understand, extend and modify complex logic with many technical dependencies and consequences.
- You will be a strong believer in DevOps and are comfortable with getting into the details of infrastructure and deployment
- You will own your code - you build it, you ship it, you run it - and you will be a champion of this throughout the team or teams you work with.
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You will have a clear overview of the screening platform codebase and components that your squad will be working on
- You have a good understanding of the product business and technical roadmap and the initiatives around making screening platform an enterprise grade solution and technical implications around these.
- You have made several high-quality, tested contributions to the code-base that are in use by clients on production environments.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Very good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- Whilst this position will require you to work in Python, previous experience is not required - if you're a strong developer in Java, C++, C# or .NET and are willing to switch languages, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience with MongoDB, ElasticSearch or some other distributed data storage system.
- Strong understanding of code development principles and practices, including source control, code reviews, testing, etc.
- Bachelor degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar relevant degree preferred
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave arrangements
- Private health insurance
- Meal tickets
- Share options scheme