A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
Revolut is seeking an experienced Senior Compliance Officer/ MLRO to sit in our Toronto office to ensure that the Compliance, Conduct, Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Control Frameworks of Revolut are fully integrated and operating effectively against money laundering and relevant regulations.
This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business and will be the focal point for all activity within Revolut relating to anti-money laundering in Canada. This role will require development and maintenance of Revolut Canada compliance strategies and relevant policies, and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
The Compliance Officer/ MLRO will have the level of authority, independence and support to properly carry out his or her responsibilities in connection with our Compliance Program, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Payment Services Directives.
At Revolut we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process in financial institutions. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
This role will drive implementation of compliance control as highlighted in the AML and Compliance Risk Assessments and include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
- Defining, developing, managing, refining and documenting the Financial Crime and AML Program to manage all sources of regulatory risk and provide reporting
- Working closely with the Canada Leadership team and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Revolut Canada and determining the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
- Reporting quarterly to the Executive Risk Committee on the regulatory risks posed, the mitigating action taken and whether adequate resources have been applied
- Determining identification and verification standards for customer take-on and AML compliance by:
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process, internally and externally
- Communicating with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities and are trained in Revolut policies and procedures to:
- Identify financial crime
- Escalate suspicious activity by making internal reports
- Make external reports to FINTRAC/OSFI/Provincial regulators and other law enforcement bodies in a timely manner
- Receiving and promptly responding to enquiries from law enforcement agencies
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the financial crime and AML risk framework for managing key regulatory risks across the firm, ensuring that all processes are fit for purpose
Manage filings to FINTRAC
The Compliance Officer/ MLRO will also provide support to the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in financial services regulation, fraud detection methodologies, and emerging practice in financial crime and money laundering typologies
- Good communicator with the ability to motivate others
- Bachelor’s degree, with a relevant Master’s Degree preferred, or a professional qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g ICA, ACAMS)
- 5+ years of experience in senior compliance roles within an ASIC regulated financial services firms
- Experience in team management and a high level of written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong knowledge of key regulatory issues and control assessment processes
- Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial operation
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Deep knowledge of the AU regulatory environment and key financial crime regimes
- Preferred qualificationsRelevant experience acquired by working in a high-growth environment
- Understanding of payment systems and markets with a focus on technology and mobile applications
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from facilitating negotiation to enabling their execution
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, making sure you meet the quality, resources and time constraintsEnthusiasm and drive for delivering results
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
- Competitive salary & equity
- Free Revolut Metal subscription