A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
Data engineering sits at the heart of the company and plays a uniquely crucial role in what we do. With data we identify and act on financial crime; we create powerful knowledge through real-time computation; and we provide robust and precise financial reporting. Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Revolut.
As data engineers, it is our goal to ensure that every question at Revolut can be answered by anyone in the organisation using SQL.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING ✍️
- Maintaining and enhancing our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Developing and owning core tools, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Developing with an emphasis on scale, reusability, and simplicity.
- Complementing our data scientists by providing a reliable, secure, and maintainable modelling framework.
- Guarding code quality and fighting technical debt across the whole company.
- Mentoring, leading and scaling our data teams.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- You are self-disciplined. We hate micromanagement, and assume you do too.
- You can communicate concisely and effectively.
- You're a team player. Working in our team is a continuous process of learning and teaching.
- You are pragmatically lazy. If it can be automated, it will be automated.
- You are proactive. Taking initiative is hard, but we always recognise and reward it.
- You are fluent in Python. We primarily use Python 3.7.
- You are deeply knowledgeable of some flavour of SQL.
- You have experience with real-time data frameworks -related services such as Kafka or Flink.
- You have experience with CI/CD - Docker experience is essential.
- You are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- You have worked with cloud-based infrastructure such as GCP
- Knowledge of other languages and an understanding of their perspectives.
- Being Postgres-native.
- Experience with an MPP or columnar database. We use BigQuery and Exasol here.
- Extensive use of Kubernetes, Helm, or other orchestration related tools.
- Use of config-as-code or infra-as-code tools such as ansible or Terraform.
You'll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
We'll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Free Revolut Metal subscription and free Revolut for Business account
Private Medical Care