A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer to join our team in Australia. Reporting directly to the CEO of Revolut Australia and Head of Risk of Revolut Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all risk management activities and be a member of the Management Board.
We are looking for a hands-on colleague who, while maintaining a helicopter view, would also be happy to spend time on the ground performing analysis of a counter-parties and issuers, validating credit scorecards, helping with portfolio stress-testing, forecasting capital ratios etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• In collaboration with the Group Risk Management function, you will be responsible for the development of the local risk management strategy and risk appetite
• Active monitoring of key risk indicators against prescribed limits
• Approving counter-parties and vendors
• Validating models used by risk owners
• Preparation of risk reports for the regulator and management information
• Localisation of group risk policies and advising the Board on the company’s risk profile and the suitability of the risk management framework
• Extension of the above listed functions to New Zealand in the near future
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
The successful candidate will possess the following
• Broad experience in managing risk and compliance issues in a regulated environment
• Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to financial activities in Australia
• Technical background with a strong, independent mind-set ability to create and implement simple, elegant solutions within a short period of time
• Proven expertise in the retail credit risk domain, experience with setting up and managing respective first or second line of defence function
• Fluency in English is essential
• You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
• We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
• Competitive salary & equity
• Free Revolut Metal subscription