A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We are looking for a result-oriented CISO in Canada. As the head of our Canada information security team you’ll be accountable for running all aspects of the information security function for our operations domestically. The role will entail directing strategy, and operations of the information security team in Canada, and working closely with multiple stakeholders both within IT and the wider business to improve information security across the business. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Managing the daily operation and implementation of the information security strategy in Canada
• Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning
• Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested
• Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
• Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry
•Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations in Canada
•Translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business
•Schedule periodic security audits and risk assessments
•Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced
•Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved in information security, giving leadership to the team and developing staff
• Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
•Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget
• Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
• 7+ years experience in an InfoSec role with experience of working in the financial sector
• You have graduated with at least a 2:1 in a STEM degree from a top technical university
• Start up experience is a plus
• Established background in Information Security Engineering and Engineering Architecture
• Strong background and working knowledge of IT, Networking, and Security technologies and controls
• In-depth knowledge of cyber threat landscape, cyber-attacks, and counter-measures
• In-depth knowledge of the regulatory/legal landscape regarding; InfoSec, Cyber, and Privacy matters within the financial sector
• Analytical, risk, and decision-making skills
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• Solid people management skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
• Desirable security industry certifications include; CISM, CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CCSP, CEH, CHFI, Togaf, Sabsa
• You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
• We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
• Competitive salary & equity
• Free Revolut Metal subscription
• Free dinners
• Health & Dental coverage