Labster is looking for an experienced HR & Talent Lead who can drive our strategic and operational HR agenda across our several locations.
At Labster, we are passionate about empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world! Through the development of interactive learning simulations, used in STEM education, our mission is to make high-quality STEM education accessible for all the curious students out there. To do so, our team is expanding like never before and therefore we are looking for a strong HR & Talent Lead to support our growth and ensure our engagement levels.
The Labster team is very much a global one with our main locations being in the US, the UK, Copenhagen, and Indonesia. This is heavily reflected in our HR approach as our HR must accommodate the international company culture; it’s essential to balance local standards with global alignment. Team member engagement is key as well and we track it diligently - the people aspect has always been important for Labster. Lastly, we are a holacratic organization (learn more about Holacracy here)
and we govern ourselves following a flat-hierarchy system that is focused on roles, collaboration and distributed leadership.
As HR & Talent Lead, you will be part of an inspirational team, providing HR insights and direction to support our strategic goals and business plans. This includes setting the HR agenda to drive results and engaged team members and also ensure efficient deployment of the HR agenda. Through close collaboration with Labster’s lead links, you ensure a clear link between Labster’s goals, mission and values, and HR priorities and you are not intimidated by fully owning the HR agenda.
- Ensure an efficient definition and successful execution of company-wide HR strategy and agenda.
- Drive and manage the development and implementation of company wide performance management processes and systems.
- Provide strategic and practical insights and counsel on organizational structure, design and development.
- Provide targeted recommendations and implementation in the areas of Change Management and Strategic Planning.
- Leading the design, development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Working closely with Labster leaders to create and execute development plans that will meet the team members’ aspirations and specific learning needs.
- Support all teams in all employee-related matters by providing specialist advice and instructions that are in line with our global policies and values.
- Driving necessary changes needed to build a culture based on constructive feedback, open dialogue, collaboration, and high performance.
- Develop, implement, and maintain our company-wide compensation structure in line with global market trends.
- Monitor and follow up on workforce planning to match the long-term strategy and needs of the business.
- Implement, monitor and continuously update all relevant HR analytics on e.g. labour market trends, people KPIs, HR data, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant national and international employment legislations and regulations.
- Develop and support local HR, ensuring that they deliver professional HR support for local leaders.
- Working closely with the recruitment team and people leaders to ensure the effectiveness of Labster talent acquisition. Also support and/or drive specific recruitment processes when needed.
- Driving a word class team member experience.
You know how to make your influence count and how to create strong results in a highly international company using your business understanding and analytical, strategic skill set.
You are also an empathetic human-being with high integrity that runs in every aspect of your life. You believe in our mission and core values and you possess international experience. Additionally, you master transformation and change management, and you feel right at home in a fast-paced environment. You understand the importance of being a visible partner and resource to those around you, and you are comfortable connecting with various cultures and backgrounds. To succeed, you also:
- Hold a master’s degree within HR or Business Management related area.
- Have a proven leadership development and coaching experience.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience working with HR management at a strategic level and have worked and created results in a scale-up organisation.
- On the other hand, you are not demotivated by the nitty-gritty aspects of your job and if required, you can become very hands on.
- Possess a full understanding of HR processes such as people and organisation performance, people development, facilitation and coaching.
- Are very data driven and you have extensive experience working with HR & Business KPIs.
- Have knowledge of international labour market trends as well as experience with labour market surveillance (labour market dashboards for employee turnover, salary. development, demographics, etc.). Hands-on experience with the US is a massive plus.
- Have the personal abilities of building strong links throughout the entire company and across several locations and cultures.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills and speak and write English fluently.
Why should you join us?
In return we offer an exciting role that allows you great autonomy to put your mark on Labster. You will have the opportunity to fully test your own capabilities and drive Labster’s HR from A to Z. You also get the opportunity to work for an inspirational company that focuses a lot on development, feedback, and collaboration.
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world . Our goal is to develop fully interactive software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible (see short trailer here
). We are partnering with major publishers and other EdTech companies such as Pearson and Google.
We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members across all of our locations: the US, the UK, Denmark, Switzerland, and Indonesia.