At Labster, we are passionate about empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world! Through the development of interactive learning simulations, used in STEM education, our mission is to make high-quality STEM education accessible for all the curious students out there.
Our SQA team is currently seven people and still growing. Our main mission is to make sure that our simulations, platform and integrated web system maintain a high standard of quality. We achieve that by performing top notch testing execution, continuously improving testing strategy and our quality checklists.
Furthermore, all SQA engineers are proactively driving and improving our testing workflow and development cycle to achieve the most efficient testing solutions.
As a SQA Engineer your will be responsible for testing our simulations by following our quality standards. To be successful in this role, you need to be meticulous, well organized, communicative, and customer-centric.
- Performing excellent testing execution based on our testing strategy, to achieve a high standard quality
- Preparing and/or administering the detailed test plan and report as testing documentation
- Planning testing schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Collaborating well with all stakeholders by performing great communication and task management using the provided tools (Jira, Slack, etc).
- Proactively giving feedback and recommendation on usability, functionality and user experience of our simulations
- Contributing ideas and continuous feedback for the improvement of our integrated products
- Working closely with fellow SQA and developers to design, propose and promote testing tools/procedures/processes to increase SQA performance
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to SQA circle regarding technology improvements, upgrades and knowledge/skills improvement
- Min. 2 years of professional experience in software testing within gaming, e-commerce, or online education field
- Applied knowledge about best practices in test framework and test case design i.e. creating test plan and test cases, etc.
- Solid understanding of bug life cycle and bug reporting
- High attention to details and willingness to do repeatable action refer to game-testing
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Good understanding of user experience and customer centered mentality
- Passion towards automation testing
- Great communication and task management skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience and/or willingness to work in a remote/distributed team
Why should you join us?
- You will have the opportunity to take a part in very exciting projects and to work for a company with a noble vision
- We provide a friendly and productive work environment with fun, smart, open-minded international people
- Freedom to work remotely, with a company culture and infrastructure designed to make remote work effective and possible
- Access to one of the coolest offices around (we think so) with probably the highest-quality Internet on the island, even on our gorgeous rooftop terrace
- Company warrants as part of your compensation package
- Weekday meals are provided in the office
- If you live outside of Bali, we will provide you a personal relocation package: flight ticket and accommodation for the first 3 months