We’re looking to up our PR game and get LoveCrafts the love it deserves within the broader press. With our move to a new multi-craft, one home for all makers strategy, we’re looking to increase awareness, increase the LoveCrafts profile and share the joy of making. Our aim is to get as many high-quality press mentions as possible, with a focus on key US media targets, both from a corporate and consumer perspective.
Our long-term goal is to be the go-to place for craft-related PR. This is a freelance role based in the US. Due to the nature of the position, you must be based in either New York State or Missouri. Ideally, you’d be able to travel to our New York office on a weekly basis, but this is not a strict requirement
What you’ll be doing:
- Building relationships for LoveCrafts and maintaining a network of media contacts, including journalists and industry spokespeople
- Be the daily point of contact with key media contacts
- Provide LoveCrafts with strategic counsel to aid PR and marketing/charity campaigns
- Sharing communications/press campaigns/press releases with media (newspapers, magazines, radio, television and online news sites)
- Developing and briefing news angles, stories and pitches to further LoveCrafts’ profile, products and services
- Gaining target links from key media
- Developing industry, sector and product focused PR campaigns
- Providing weekly progress updates to key stakeholders
- Research and advice on affordable PR tools we should be using if necessary
Who you are and what you bring to the role:
- A PR expert with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven copywriter able to proof own work to a high standard
- Passionate about media and brand management
- Confident in a fast-moving deadline-oriented environment and working towards and meeting targets.
- Flair for creative thinking and innovation – a “think outside the box” type
- Commercially aware and metrics-oriented
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building an influential network
- Experience of direction B2C PR accounts
- Evidence of copywriting, marketing and report writing
- PR portfolio
- Industry contacts
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Great staff perks like monthly team happy hours
- Flexibility to work from home
- Smart colleagues, supportive team and working environment that values excellence
- The opportunity to join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily buy all of their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, the Financial Times has recognized LoveCrafts as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, and we’ve raised $55 million from three of Europe’s leading venture capital firms (Balderton Capital, Highland Europe and Scottish Equity Partners).
Post-Series C, we’ve opened our first US office in New York City, and we’re planning to hire a team of inquisitive, creative minds to match the ambitious makers in our London and Kiev offices.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.