We are looking for a hands-on People Manager to help attract, develop and retain our makers. You will report to the People Partner and will collaborate in all sorts of exciting and innovative people projects. We are looking for somebody who knows people best practices but also who dares to challenge the status quo.
What you will be doing:
- You will be the go-to person for all things “people”, you will provide guidance to team members and managers on all sorts of people matters, from recruitment to ER and benefits.
- Recruitment: You will own the recruitment and selection process and you will partner with hiring teams to ensure we bring the best talent across tech and business roles
- Oversee UK & US payroll and benefits with our payroll provider and finance team: generating the initial report and completing cross checks.
- People policies and Systems: You will know the ins and outs of all our people systems: our HRIS, our ATS, our CapTable software and our benefits portal.
- ER: Ensure best practice is followed so we always act fairly and kindly in all employee relations activities
- Champion key people processes: You will create slick processes and ensure people admin activities are accurate and delivered on time
- Own the eNPS and analysis and support actions: Our quarterly employee engagement survey gives us the best insights about the team, you will own it and analyse it and collaborate with the wider team to put action plans in place.
- Internal comms: Assist with the weekly internal company meeting (“WIP”) from topic brainstorming to presenter coordination and deck preparation.
- Projects: Support the People team by identifying and delivering new initiatives that attract, grow and retain our talent.
- Keep up to date with new developments in HR tech that could make processes more efficient.
Who you are
- You will have a confident, bright personality – we’re a dynamic working environment and you’ll need to be able to create and maintain great relationships across the business to get things done
- You’ve been working at least 3 years in an HR generalist role in a tech start-up
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google-suite and a quick learner with new systems and processes (we use Asana, Slack, PeopleHR etc)
- You’re able to prioritise well in a fast-paced environment with changing demands. You are also self-led and have good negotiation and analytical skills
- You will have an eye for detail and high standards when it comes to your work and importantly feel very confident with numbers
- Ideally, you will have worked in a growth business environment or at least have ‘startup DNA’ - you’re flexible with an “all hands on deck” mentality, are passionate about your workplace and engaged in the shared company mission.
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare, cash plan and some great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday
- You will receive mentorship from an external HR consultant and will be supported by the leadership team
- Great staff perks like free breakfast, fresh fruit, Friday company drinks and a table tennis table
- Smart colleagues and supportive team, you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey.
- Working environment that values excellence
- Paws for thought: Our London office is proud to be dog-friendly!
- Central London Location in an amazing new WeWork co-working space
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).