At Lyst we work in small self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the Impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
You will be joining a new team accountable for launching non-English markets, the International Team. Together with a fellow International Director, you will each take responsibility for the P&L of a number of high-growth international regions. This role will focus on Lyst’s local sites in France, Italy and Spain, although note you may be required to take on responsibility for further countries over the 12 months due to the high-growth nature of the international project.
Reporting to the VP of International, and with the support of 3 dedicated Communications Leads responsible for one market each (reporting directly to you), you will define the strategy and be accountable for the performance of the business in each local market. Your responsibilities will include overseeing marketing, acquiring the right local partners to ensure we are offering the best inventory on each site, and analysing varied sources of performance data to make informed decisions about how best to fuel these already high-growth regions. You will be required to have a good understanding of the ecommerce landscape of the markets you are responsible for and an awareness of the commercial levers available to drive growth, as well as knowledge of wider factors that may impact performance in a region, such as user behaviour or seasonality.
As well as the day to day management of the region, your role will entail managing complex cross-functional projects to enable our commercial success: evaluating new monetization models, launching marketing tools for partners, and spearheading and evaluating new test and learn approaches by market.
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a highly productive, effective and data-driven new team working to deliver growth for Lyst across a wide range of international markets.
- Define quarterly strategy for marketing and supply approach for each market
- Create and execute a testing plan to evaluate the success of the strategies in each market
- Analyse user behaviour to formulate and test theories on how to optimise site growth
- Work closely with the expert SEM and SEO functional teams who sit within the central business to define and monitor the marketing approach
- Work closely with the Supply team to communicate the strategy and own the activation of our international partners in new markets
- Build and nurture new relationships with international and local partners to achieve commercial success. This includes sourcing potential partners, frequent travel to the markets and negotiating key terms, monitoring performance, pitching commercial tools developed in-house and fostering key relationships with retailers and affiliate networks
- Day-to-day management, coaching and development of Communications Leads
- Evaluate new monetization opportunities to improve Lyst’s business economics
- Evaluate potential opportunities to enter other markets in the near future