Founded in 2013, what started as a mobile vertical farm in an old 1955 Airstream trailer has now grown to a team of 220 infarmers. Just like our plants, our team comes from all corners of the globe: Tel Aviv, Seoul, Paris, Lisbon, and Taipei to name but a few. infarm is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
At infarm, we believe not only in growing plants but in growing people. Horticulturalists work next to industrial engineers and biologists collaborate with chefs. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution - every team member brings their own point of view and knowledge to the table. We believe this is our greatest asset. At infarm we bring together a passionate group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
- Developing product strategy and roadmaps as well as actionable and prioritized requirements
- Acting as the primary point of contact between the Hardware Engineering Team and other stakeholders
- Managing indoor farming hardware projects that include hydroponic systems, software and firmware development, crops and data science
Preferred Candidate Specifications
- Experience managing and driving project definitions and improvements in KPI metrics, fostering a strong partnership with teams across the company
- You like to build cutting-edge hardware products, owning the end to end development process from ideation to the roll-out
- Excellent abilities of balancing project needs with business priorities and managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously while under pressure of completion
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve problems that come up during a typical work day
- You have a “can do’’ approach and you “act boldly’’
- A degree in either Business, Engineering, Information Technology or Natural Science studies, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 4 years of hardware engineering product management experience
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English, German is a big plus
- Tech-savvy and familiar with JIRA, Confluence and G-suite
- Experience in hydroponic systems and Agriculture is a big plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs and salads to take home
- Office location in Berlin
- Lunch provided 5 days per week
- 30 days of vacation per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Coffee, tea, musli, fruit and Friday beers!