Founded in 2013, what started as a mobile vertical farm in an old 1955 Airstream trailer has now grown to a team of over 200 infarmers. Just like our plants, our team comes from all corners of the globe: Tel Aviv, Seoul, Paris, Lisbon, and Taipei to name but a few. infarm is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
At infarm, we believe not only in growing plants but in growing people. Horticulturalists work next to industrial engineers and biologists collaborate with chefs. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution - every team member brings their own point of view and knowledge to the table. We believe this is our greatest asset. At infarm we bring together a passionate group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
- Design, implement and maintain batch, near-real-time and real-time data processing pipelines and analytical workflows for research purposes
- Design, implement and maintain an analytics & ML-facing data warehouse that will support us in building smart data products
- Communicate with different teams and stakeholders regarding data consistency and availability
- Implement improvements to get infarm to the next level as a data-oriented organization
- Support the integration and deployment of our Data Products (Machine Learning, analytics ETL)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (Airflow or similar)
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience dealing with all sorts of datasets, from small and unstructured to very big and very unstructured
- You’ve faced the horror of small, inconsistent, generally awful data in any shape and color, including Excel files, but still succeeded in your endeavour of punching them into shape
- Experience with databases (SQL and noSQL), Python and Linux (including scripting capabilities)
- Strong problem-solving skills, perseverance and creativity
- Independent and rigorous working style and a team player
- Ability to be hands-on and dive into the details, but also able to see the big picture of our data vision
- Fluent in English
- Experience handling image pipelines is a plus
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud Platform/AWS. GCP certified is a plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs and salads to take home
- Lunch provided 2 days per week
- Monthly BVG ticket
- 30 days of vacation per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Coffee, tea, muesli, fruit and Friday beers!