Thread is an ambitious, well-funded fashion technology startup based in London that's looking to reinvent retail.
We’re part of a new generation of retailers, helping customers overwhelmed by near-infinite choice to get the clothes that are perfect for them. We combine human stylists and powerful machine learning algorithms to create amazing recommendations, and have developed a full e-commerce platform for an end-to-end shopping experience. Our ambition is to become the clothes button on your phone (Thread = clothes, Spotify = music, Uber = taxi), changing how millions of people across the world buy their clothes.
Paid search is a new channel for Thread (unusual for a retailer, we know), and this is an opportunity to shape a core growth channel for one of London’s most exciting startups. So, we’re looking for a smart, versatile, results-driven digital marketer to join Thread and help us find new customers who will love our service. You’ll work as part of a world class marketing team, with talent from Made.com, Spotify, Wieden + Kennedy and beyond.
You’ll be based in our brand new Aldgate office, which has lots of natural light, plants, a relaxed Studio area for coworking with music, and an outdoor terrace for barbecues and working outside when it’s sunny.
- Own forecasting, delivery and reporting of Paid Search. Channels Managers at Thread are autonomous, with the freedom to set whatever strategy and tactics best deliver on goals
- Build and deliver the Paid Search testing roadmap. You’ll be responsible for identifying our highest value search opportunities, prioritising them into a roadmap, and rallying the resources to deliver the tests
- Be a world class expert in the channel. Thread Channel Managers combine a deep technical knowledge of their channels and relationships with partners to get access to new tools and insights, and a constant desire to stay ahead of the market
- Develop Thread’s paid search strategy. As we launch new markets, consider new brands we want to partner with and shape our overall strategy, you’ll be responsible for helping us to understand Paid Search, and ensure we’re set up for success
Are you the one? You are if you have:
- A few years experience of managing paid search, preferably with experience working on large product catalogues, including experience on Google Shopping and non-brand PPC
- Exceptional analytical skills, with an ability to deliver clear reporting, accurate forecasts, and actionable insights. SQLs skills strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills; you’re able to communicate the big picture and intricacies of Paid Search to the rest of the team
- Experience managing relationships with stakeholders at Google to access new products and expertise
- A love for analytics and optimisation. You are comfortable and happiest digging through mounds of data to find insights and drive results
- A broad interest and passion for marketing. You know things never stay the same, so you’re always learning about what’s next and what’s driving that change
- The chance to break new ground and develop cutting-edge techniques for acquiring new customers online
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field by being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skill set
- Be part of a collaborative, values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Relaxed, sociable work environment with lots of responsibility and autonomy
- Free team lunches four times a week, as well as fruit and snacks. We also have drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, as well as regular company trips to fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling and weekly yoga classes
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you're working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)