Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. in 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
We are now looking for a Head of Business Vertical. This person will be responsible for owning the Ride Hailing Vertical, currently the largest vertical in the business!
- Team leadership - You will be leading a cross-functional team including marketing, engineers, product managers and operations managers
- Leading the commercial effort - You will be responsible for leading and discovering new partnerships in the Ride Hailing and Taxi space, working closely with our existing partners(Uber etc.) and prospective new ones
- Owning the performance - You will be accountable for the performance of Ride Hailing business unit, and responsible for identifying and tuning the key levers for growth. Consider yourself a GM of a business within a business!
- Champion your vertical - You will become an expert in ride hailing mobility both internally and externally. Seeking the latest opportunities and developments in the ride hailing space
- Improving operational efficiency - We want to revolutionise and disrupt the Insurance space. You will always be aiming at improving the internal operational efficiency of your vertical, and share best practices with other teams
- Analysis - You will run thorough analyses to identify the best approach for new commercial opportunities or incremental improvements to our operations
- Communications - You will ensure that everything you are working on is visible and known to relevant central functions so that they can support you in your growth plans
- Entrepreneurial mind - You have experience in building businesses or working on big impactful projects from scratch.
- Prioritisation - You have a track record of prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Positive - You are positive and proactive person who is energised by working in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable - You’re comfortable with change if it ultimately benefits the business
- Analytical - You are able to identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and their impact on the business; you know when to get more data vs when to just make a call
- Problem-solver - You are able to overcome barriers and remove bottlenecks through collaboration, resourcefulness and creative approach
- Relationship expert - You’re passionate and engaging. You have the ability to create strong relationships across different working styles and quickly gain the trust and respect of others
- Keep the plates spinning - You are able to stay on top of multiple projects, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others, but also know when to ‘let fires burn’
- Competitive salary package + share options
- Working at VC backed high growth startup
- Great working environment, close to Old street
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
- Personal allowance for coaching/therapy sessions
- Be a member of a team that is building something exceptional!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.