Zego is reimagining insurance for modern businesses and the self-employed. We are building a 21st century insurance platform with which to drive innovation in the industry. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100, we were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We’re crafting the smartest insurance company in the world and we want you on board.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team in London, where you will be part of the TechOps squad whose mission is to maintain and secure the systems and infrastructure on which our product operates. You will act as a systems and operations authority and work with other software engineers to ensure products will be secure, reliable, scalable and efficient in every aspect (performance, maintenance, cost).
Systems Engineers at Zego are ultimately responsible for the well being of the product from the moment it leaves developers’ workstation. They understand the importance of efficient development processes and actively work on improving those at Zego.
We are looking for candidates who have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills,
an architect and operations minded engineer who embraces devops methodologies to improve the product and exhibit a willingness to learn and apply new technology.
Your experience should include (preferred):
- Coding and scripting (Bash, Python, Golang)
- Configuring Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Cloud services (AWS)
- Container management and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
We offer a number of benefits to all our employees, including:
- Experience of working with founders from VC backed fast-growing startups
- A great office located in Shoreditch right by Old Street Roundabout
- High-end equipment of your choice
- A competitive compensation package including options
- A company sponsored mental health program
- Free breakfast in the office every Friday
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.