A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Officer to sit within our ComplianceAML team at our upcoming Sao Paulo office. You will be reporting to the ComplianceAML team based in London.
We’ve hired some of the most talented people that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in. Our team is highly technical and detail-oriented, and we love to get down into the nitty-gritty of our in-app processes to make the best possible experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
- Lead the Compliance Team in the country, delivering all aspects of the compliance and anti-financial crime programme
- Work and attend meeting with internal groups including but not limited to legal, audit, business and risk to ensure the team will respond in time to queries related to AML and Compliance
- Identify ongoing opportunities to optimise reporting processes and drive continuous improvement across the function
- Providing support for Internal Audit, Regulators and Law Enforcement as part of audits, examinations and investigations
- Build a relationship with key stakeholders (e.g. regulators) and take an active role in modernization efforts
- Identify and understand the ML/TF threats to the financial sector and put effective processes and guidance in place to mitigate them
- Review due diligence (DD) and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring that the company adheres to legal standards and in-house policies by monitoring government regulations and standards to ensure alignment with company policies and procedures
- Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED ⚒
- You love solving problems
- In addition strong analytical skills, being process driven and have a methodological way of working, you need to have excellent communicative skills (concise and direct) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders.
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to work in extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously
- Ideally, you previously had a similar position with a Payments Institution (Institução de Pagamento) in Brasil
- A deep understanding of the regulatory environment in Brazil, specifically :
Regulations, requirements, industry standards and best practices applicable to Payments Institution
Central Bank of Brazil (BACEN) regulations applicable to Fintechs
- Brazilian Payment System (SPB)
- Payments Arrangement Regulations
- Data Protection and Privacy Law
- You have flawless Portuguese and English. Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
- Competitive salary
- Free dinners