A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We're looking for a Legal Counsel to work with Head of Legal North America office in New York City, with:
• Excellent academic and law firm credentials
• 3+ years of strong experience in advising clients on legal regulatory and compliance issues across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Insurance, Corporate Law
• Expertise in financial regulations: FinCEN rules, Money Transmission rules, 12 CFR 205 Regulation E, UDAAP, GLBA, FTC Red Flags, BSA and the Patriot Act.
• Experience in handling subpoenas, complaints, warrants, and other legal notices.
• Experience of securities, cryptocurrencies, consumer credit and/or insurance related regulations would be beneficial.
• Experience working with payment systems such as National Automated Clearinghouse Association (NACHA) and Visa and MasterCard would be beneficial.
• Deep understanding of U.S. payments law is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Working with internal international groups including but not limited to compliance, audit, business and risk to ensure the team will respond in time to queries related to compliance.
• Advising the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new products, and marketing and promoting them.
• Proactively engage and work alongside local regulators across multiple states
• Identifying, assessing, monitoring, managing and reporting on compliance risk
• Implementing internal audit programs and surveillance
• Excel at leadership while also undertaking executional work. This is a hands-on role and you'll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED ⚒
• Besides strong analytical skills, being process driven and have a methodological way of working, you need to have excellent communication skills (concise and direct) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders.
• Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in U.S. payments, e-commerce, data protection and privacy laws as well as all necessary U.S. rules and regulations.
• Experience counselling technology companies on data protection, privacy, and consumer protection matters.
• Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise.
• Able to learn new areas of the law quickly.
• Able to work in extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Willing to take on new challenges.
You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
Competitive 401(k) plan
Flexible work hours
Competitive vacation policy