A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting s**t done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 700 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
We look for Radically Better 🚀
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed.
We are looking for someone who can navigate complex product regulations and develop and implement related compliance actions. This position requires partnering with legal and business teams on proposed actions, and coordinating across multiple teams to use technological tools to implement processes and policies to effectuate those actions. There is a significant project management and operations component to this role.
The position is located in Toronto. This person will work with the Head of Operations (Canada) and with the Compliance team at Revolut’s London headquarters.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING ✍️
● Assess and advise Revolut business partners on a broad range of compliance matters, including anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, securities, data privacy/cyber-security, conflicts of interest and other regulatory inquiries
● Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance risk
● Conduct risk assessments and internal investigations
● Assist in executing training and communication plans to ensure consistent application of compliance policies
● Work with the engineering and operations resources to create robust compliance and control systems
● Manage all aspects of an AML Program, including the testing, audit and continuous improvement of our policies and procedures
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR 📖
● +7 years experience in a similar position
● Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet tight deadlines
● Experience with internal investigations, and policy creation and implementation
● Deep knowledge of Securities regulations
● Excellent academic credentials
● Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
● Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators
● A multi-tasker with close attention to detail
● Able to demonstrate sound judgment
● A deep understanding of the regulatory environment in Canada, specifically of:
- Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
- FINTRAC guidance for MSB
- Bank Act
- Privacy Regulations
● Ability to interact with FINTRAC, OSFI and Provincial Securities Regulators. Ideally you can demonstrate experience in doing so
● Fluency in French is an asset