We are looking for a pro-active and resourceful corporate or commercial lawyer to join our team. This is the opportunity to play a vital role within our experienced legal team and develop in-depth knowledge of the equity crowdfunding industry in one of the UK's leading FinTech startups.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we're enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 500,000 registered investors, and over 600 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
As Legal Counsel at Crowdcube, reporting into our General Counsel, you will have the opportunity to work on an array of corporate matters, commercial contracts and compliance matters. We are looking for a candidate with experience and knowledge of the many facets of company finance.
The role will be varied and will include among other things:
- Managing corporate documentation, including Articles of Association and Shareholder Agreements required by companies raising funding on the platform.
- Compliance matters, including the review of new products being launched on Crowdcube to ensure compliance with law and regulation.
- Commercial responsibilities, including contribution to the structure and documentation underlying Crowdcube’s international joint ventures.
- Preparing reports and delivering regular updates on the status of work.
- Taking ownership of key client relationships.
- This role could be based in either HQ in Exeter or our London Office in Spitalfields
To be an ideal candidate for this role, you will have:
- At least 1 years' corporate or commercial experience gained in a leading law firm and/or in-house. We can adapt the role depending on experience so will consider NQ upwards.
- Corporate finance, corporate governance and company secretarial experience
- Experience working on international agreements and managing international compliance projects, including managing legal arrangements and local advice from outside of the United Kingdom
- Good mathematical and excel skills are important as is an understanding of share cap tables
- Any understanding of Crowdfunding is advantageous
- Knowledge or awareness of SEIS and EIS tax schemes will be an advantage
You need to show us that you’ve got the following strengths:
- Thoroughness: you set up processes and checks to make sure work is accurate and complete, that there aren't any mistakes, that you haven't missed anything.
- Communication: you have excellent written and oral communication skills; you are persuasive but you are also a good listener and show empathy.
- Pro-activity: you identify what needs to be done and start doing it without being asked to do so, you take initiative and get on with the task.
- Analytical: you tackle a problem in a logical, informed manner; you weigh up all elements before making a decision, and have a keen eye for inconsistencies.
- Collaborative: you have the ability to build solid working relationships both inside and outside the business.
- Start-up DNA: be resilient, gets things done, 80/20, are comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to change, used to working in a fast-paced and ever changing environment and know when to fight for the right thing and when to say no.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance, as well as actively support participation in hackathons and conferences. We believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- Competitive package
- We also offer 25 days holiday each year.
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company perks such as juices, fruit and of course desk beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as sports days and activities, BBQs, picnics and more...
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.