Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries, and expanding, with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Luno Finance Associates are a savvy bunch who love what they do. We handle the core accounting responsibilities at Luno and as a member of this fast-paced, growing team, you know your debits and credits, accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end.
Every day at Luno will be a new challenge as we upgrade the world to a better financial system. You are a team player and you enjoy continually looking for ways to help your team get better at what they do, in the most efficient way possible, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. If you love to move fast, while caring about attention to detail and all this sounds like fun to you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Reconciliation of trading, internal and operational bank accounts in different countries
- Preparing, maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Managing mailbox and accounts payable workflow, monthly accruals and prepaid expenses
- Saving bank and credit card statements for backup purposes
- Loading bank and credit card statements to Sage
- Checking expense reimbursements
- Taking ownership of processing: Invoice & payment processing, master data management, travel & expense processing and reconciliations
- Taking ownership of monthly accounting to trial balance for the companies within the group, as well as accounting for inter-company transactions
- Assisting with preparation & submission of tax filings
We'd prefer you have a combination of the following:
- A Degree or equivalent Diploma in an Accounting or Finance related field
- SAIPA or relevant professional qualification
- 1-2 years working experience in a similar position
- A high level of accountability, initiative, urgency and integrity
What you’ll get:
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. Best of all you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.