Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
To achieve this mission, we need the help of a Head of Recruitment that knows how to rapidly scale global startups. You’ll report into the Global Head of People, but will take the lead on everything related to our employer brand and talent attraction processes.
We’ve more than trebled in size in the last 12 months from 57 people to 200, and we plan to add another 150-200 people to the team in 2019. But the challenge is growing more than just headcount, it’s scaling our culture, which we call ‘Moontality’.
What you’ll be doing:
- Continuously improving our hiring processes so they are scalable, innovative, efficient and delightful for candidates
- Training and supporting interviewers on how to keep culture at the heart of our hiring, so we maintain Moontality without bias creeping in
- Building an online and offline global employer brand in partnership with our marketing team
- Coaching and developing a team with varying levels of recruitment experience, and figuring out when we need to build the team further
- Working with our Finance and Leadership team to forecast and budget future hiring needs
- Salary benchmarking so we’re able to remain market competitive
- Embedding a culture of data-driven hiring practices
- Championing diversity in our hiring processes
- Keeping Luno up to date with emerging trends in talent acquisition
You’re likely to be successful in this role if:
- You’ve managed recruitment teams before - ideally across multiple locations and timezones
- You’re comfortable working in a rapidly growing tech company where you’ll need to deal with ambiguity daily
- You’ve scaled companies beyond 250 people and can pre-empt some of the challenges that will come up
- Analysing data doesn’t scare you, and you know when you should be looking at time to hire vs time to fill
- Your communication skills are impeccable
- You’ve led and delivered global projects
- You’re passionate about employer branding and candidate experience