Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system. 🚀
To achieve this mission, we need to attract and retain the best talent, and give them an environment where they can collaborate and thrive. We think that our physical office space plays a huge role in this, so we’re looking for an Office Manager to nurture our new Johannesburg office and create an experience that brings people together. Like our industry, we’re a company that’s evolving quickly with no two days the same, so there will always be new challenges to learn from, and this is a chance to have a big impact on the office culture from an early stage.
Your mission will involve:
- Making sure our employees have the tools and supplies they need to be successful. This ranges from stocking the stationery, beverage and snack cupboards, to working with our IT support team in Cape Town to get the tech in place for our new joiners
- Being the first point of contact for the office, setting the tone for an open and welcoming environment for anyone who comes through our doors
- Creating a safe and accessible environment for all. You’ll administer all health and safety requirements, logging all incidents and near misses and organise annual checks of any safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and first-aid kits
- Ensuring that our office has all the big and small touches to give it that wow factor. You'll really be able to inject some creativity here including innovative storage solutions, sourcing cool furniture, and giving the space some much needed splashes of colour by working with our suppliers and design team
- The planning of some really fun team events, thinking a little outside the box on ways to bring the team together. We like people that think in all shapes here
- Keeping the Johannesburg hub up to date on all things finance, ensuring all of the suppliers who help us to keep running are paid on time and we keep a log of the invoices they send us.
You’ll love this role if you have:
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite, especially Gmail, Sheets and Docs
- Previous office/ facilities management experience
- Experience in managing and processing invoices and tracking expenditure
- Previous experience in implementing health and safety systems/procedures in accordance with legislative guidelines
- A keen eye for detail, willingness to help and a positive attitude when approaching tasks
- An intrinsic desire to drive office culture, setting the standard for a happy place to work
- The proven ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at any given time
What else is in it for you:
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. This a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work towards scaling a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.