Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital, the Naspers Group.
- We have over 240 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta. We currently have over 2.5 million customers in 40 countries.
We are looking for a PR Lead to support one of our key regions. Based in Kuala Lumpur, this person will be responsible for sharing our Luno story across the Asian market.
Your role in a nutshell
In this role you'll help drive Luno’s corporate and brand communications, help manage the regional PR agencies, and support public relations campaigns related to corporate announcements, original content/research, and industry partnerships/initiatives. You will team up with the Head of PR and regional teams to excel in your mission.
Your mission will involve
- Owning and sharing the Luno story - proactively identify PR and thought leadership opportunities, by developing press releases and media alerts; and leading sell-ins which support our mission of upgrading the world to a better financial system
- Building a regional plan with core themes and content, and develop key company spokespeople to represent Luno at regional events and with regional media
- Managing and prioritising of inbound enquiries, material development, tracking and reporting
- Maintaining and building relationships with relevant technology media and influencers and manage our regional PR agencies
- Partner with our broader content and marketing teams to identify and promote our positioning on key industry topics and news
You will enjoy this if you have
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of PR experience, ideally in technology (start-up experience as a bonus)
- Dealt with communications for a fintech, payments or financial services brand, across multiple markets
- Good regional media relationships in the financial services or fintech space and the media placements to prove it
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a knack for simplifying complex topics and technologies and economic trends
- Strong interpersonal, project management and prioritisation skills. Unfazed by change..
- A 'can do' attitude, creativity and a passion for the crypto space!
In the first 6 Months you will
- Build a regional PR plan to include all key milestones and country launches as well as a steady drumbeat of high impact activity e.g: news hijacking, proactive pitch ideas, host media briefings, interviews, award submissions, speaker slots/events
- Identify initiatives until year-end across our African countries (educational in nature) eg: customer/ media workshops, press trips, bigger events/conferences
- Build a spokesperson and visibility plan for our GM SEA and our Country Managers
- Support 2 large scale global PR campaigns by analysing and localising content, research and data. Create all press materials and identify and build contact lists of our target media across the region
What else is in it for you
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding