Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re Series B-funded and backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to store, buy, use and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system. 🚀
We are looking for a PR Lead to support one of our key regions. Based in Johannesburg, this person will be responsible for sharing our Luno story across the African market.
Your role in a nutshell:
In this role you'll help drive Luno’s corporate and brand communications, help manage the regional PR agencies, and support public relations campaigns related to corporate announcements, original content/research, and industry partnerships/initiatives.
Your mission will involve:
- Working closely with Luno’s global Head of PR to plan and execute communication and integrated PR strategies for the region
- Owning and sharing the story - proactively identify PR and thought leadership opportunities, develop press releases and media alerts, and lead sell-ins which support our mission of upgrading the world to a better financial system
- Partner with the regional teams, including the GM of Africa, to build a regional plan with core themes and content, and develop key company spokespeople to represent Luno at regional events and with regional media
- Management and prioritisation of inbound enquiries, material development, tracking and reporting
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant technology media and influencers and manager our regional PR agencies
- Partner with our broader content and marketing teams to identify and promote our positioning on key industry topics and news
You will enjoy this role if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree. Preference will be given to Communications / Journalism graduates
- A minimum of 5 years' PR experience. Ideally in technology and with start-up experience as a bonus(whether in-house or working at an agency)
- Experience working in a communications capacity for a fintech, payments or financial services brand, across multiple markets
- Good regional media relationships in the financial services or fintech space and the media placements to prove it
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a knack for simplifying complex topics and technologies and economic trends
- Strong interpersonal, project management and prioritisation skills. Unfazed by change
- A 'can do' attitude, creativity and a passion for the crypto space!
- No qualms about travelling within the region
In the first 6 months you will:
- Build a regional PR plan to include all key milestones and country launches as well as a steady drumbeat of high impact activity eg: news hijacking, proactive pitch ideas, host media briefings, interviews, award submissions, speaker slots / events
- Identify initiatives until year end across our African countries (educational in nature) eg: customer/ media workshops, press trips, bigger events / conferences
- Build a spokesperson and visibility plan for our GM of Africa and our Country Manager for Nigeria
- Support 2 large scale global PR campaigns by analysing and localising content, research and data. Create all press materials and identify and build contact lists of our target media across the region
What else is in it for you:
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. This a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work towards scaling a global business.
- You'll learn new skills and continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- You’ll work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.