Interested to join our Bioinformatics Service team? We are helping clients worldwide analysing their data on a daily basis, helping them to move new genetic tests to routine enabling faster diagnosis of their patients. To keep the fast pace of growth we are always seeking to optimise our workflows and to develop tools to support them. Therefore, we are looking to hire a developer within the Bioinformatics Service team to help to establish and improve tools commonly used within the team.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide tools to the team for recurrent analyses or to speed up different workflows
- Implement thorough unit testing for tools
- Documentation of tools and workflows
- Help with the release cycle: help with the testing of new developments, incl. non-regression tests,
- Help answer BioIT related support questions
Therefore we are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and flexible person with the capacity to work independently on a project to completion. You should demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong programming experience in R/Bioconductor or Python
- Strong Linux bash scripting experience
- Experience in high volume data visualisation
- Experience in NGS data analysis would be an advantage
- Experience in C++ programming would be an advantage
Full time position Location: St-Sulpice – Switzerland Starting date: ASAP If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.