You are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible. You are a team player and enjoy working in interdisciplinary project teams.
You hold an MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field and are motivated to apply your technical expertise in the field of genomic data analysis. You will be working in our headquarter in St. Sulpice, which is nicely located next to lake Geneva and near Lausanne. Our working environment is friendly, very international and encouraging. We offer flexible working conditions including part time/ home office models and we would appreciate your willingness to visit occasionally one of our offices in France.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implementation of new components in our genomics data analysis system in close cooperation with bioinformatics / genomics experts
- Redesign of existing software components and production-ready reimplementation of complex algorithms
- Development of well testable components/utilities supporting the team of algorithm developers
- Analysis of resource requirements of existing solutions and proof-of-concept algorithm drafts to improve performance
- Contributions to software maintenance, testing and the release process
You are curious and willing to learn about all aspects of our analysis system, including subject in bioinformatics and genomics. You are comfortable designing performant software components that are well testable and maintainable.
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with multi-threading and parallel computing
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as R and Python
- Comfortable with Unix environments and bash scripting
- Experience with bioinformatics/genomics data analysis would be an advantage
Must speak English well, French would be an advantage.
Starting : ASAP
Location : Lausanne - Switzerland
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter with salary expectations.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.