After adoption by Key Centers in the US and to further accelerate our expansion, SOPHiA GENETICS is hiring a Regional Sales Manager, West Cost - North America. SOPHiA GENETICS, the global leader in Data-Driven Medicine, is ranked amongst the 50 smartest companies in the world by the MIT Tech Review.
As part of the North American team, you will report directly to the Vice President - North America and will lead the team of sales representatives in your territory. This position requires to travel extensively in your region as well as to the headquarters in Switzerland.
In line with the revenue and performance approved by the CCO, you build a sales plan, assign territories and set sales goals to your team members. As a manager, you bring a strong expertise in sales and follow the commercial activities on a weekly basis by preparing action plans. You will provide feedback, support, and coaching to your team and visit clients and prospects for negotiation. You will make sure that there is high customer satisfaction within the territory. Furthermore, through regular assessment in coordination with the local Subject Matter Expert, you will assign trainings necessary to continuously grow the team expertise to reach or exceed sales targets. You will also be involved in the hiring process to create the most performing team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A master degree in Sciences within a well-regarded institution; PhD will be an advantage.
- Experience in managing a team of sales representatives.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms.
- Ideally, previous experience working as part of a team to develop the company’s customer base and provide first-class experience to clients, preferably in the clinical diagnostics, biotechnology or medical technology market. Strong desire to increase business and establish long term relationships.
- Experience with SFDC preferred.
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Home Office - We are looking to hire someone based in North California.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.