We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
How? By bringing together smart technology, data and people into a single solution. We are building tools that fight financial crime today to prevent a riskier tomorrow.
Every day we look to tackle highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing our Series B investment round of $30mln led by Index Ventures and tripling our revenue year-on-year, we’re growing fast and are looking for the best people to join us.
Fresh Thinkers - We’re big thinking, boundary breakers, providing innovative solutions not corporate fixes.
Problem Solvers - We’re constantly curious and instinctively clever, always striving to be faster and better.
People People - We’re the human side of risk and compliance, we care about the people behind the screens.
We are looking for an expert engineer to join our Knowledge Graph team. You’ll have experience developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- You will be responsible for delivering the data ingest pipeline to transform and enrich various data sources into a graph format, ultimately loading to a Graph Database.
- You will be responsible for implementing components of the ingest pipeline to run with a cloud deployed microservices architecture.
- You will be a strong believer in DevOps and are comfortable with getting into the details of infrastructure and deployment. You’ll also be responsible for lead on tech projects and deployments.
- You will provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to more junior engineers and help them to become as good as you are.
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You have total ownership of ingestion pipelines and you have strengthened the software engineering skillset.
- You have implemented the high-level architecture and worked on existing POC services to flesh out the ingestion pipeline into the graph DB.
- You have supervised other team members and provided them with the support and coaching for them to grow.
- You have implemented the best practises around software delivery to the team and own Infrastructure needs.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You have extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- You’ll be a solid programmer with experience in a mainstream language (Python, C++, Java, etc)
- You will have worked on cloud based systems and ideally be familiar with cloud technologies and containers
- You have worked with data processing technologies, such as (but not limited to!) MapReduce, Spark e.g. XML/JSON parsers
- Ideally you will have experience working on software systems at scale with large amounts of complex data