ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic recent university graduates to join us in our growing Legal team at Revolut’s London office. In this role, you will work directly with regulators and third parties, and provide day-to-day and strategic advice on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters. The role provides an excellent opportunity to understand Revolut’s business processes, enhance your legal and regulatory skills and make a significant impact in one of the world’s fastest-growing fintech companies. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and multicultural environment.
What you will be doing:
● Working closely with the Head of Legal on regulator relations, policies and general corporate governance issues
● Putting in place and actively seeking new scalable processes to support the legal team and regulatory compliance teams
● Assisting with drafting, planning and/or implementing compliance policies and procedures for regulatory matters across different business units
● Supporting our product teams within Revolut, including as part of new product initiatives
● Supporting Revolut’s legal team and regulatory compliance team in a variety of tasks ranging from regulatory filings, corporate governance, investor relations, regulatory research tasks and drafting policies
● Supporting Revolut’s international expansion teams and helping them to launch and grow in new markets
● Alongside our other paralegals, leading document management and other administrative tasks for the legal team
● Capturing know-how and assisting with knowledge sharing
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
● Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
● Very good at communicating with a strong attention to detail
● Strong motivation to work in a fast-paced environment. Enthusiasm and willingness to roll up sleeves, learn fast, and take responsibility
● Comfortable managing large amounts of documents, as well as seeking out new technological solutions to make the legal team’s processes and functions more efficient
● High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness
● Excellent organisational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
● Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
● A solid Law degree
● Experience working at a law firm or compliance firm
● Experience providing strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships
● Additional language abilities
● Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
● Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
● Ideally 12 months availability
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year