WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We are looking for a tech-savvy and result-oriented CFO in Canada. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of finance from financial control and trading to overseeing accounting, tax functions and treasury in Canada. You will be the head of our Canada finance team and be responsible for running an effective accounting function for our financial operations domestically. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Management, accounting, financial reporting and control, trading and treasury function to support rapid expansion and long term growth
• Driving the company’s financial planning and reporting in Canada• Performing risk management functions by overseeing liabilities and investments
• Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
• Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
• Drive an increase in financial performance
• Control and evaluate fundraising plans and capital structure
• Ensure cash flow is appropriate to support operations
• Providing support to external consultants and manage a timely and effective audit
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
• 7+ years’ experience in finance functions, ideally with experience of working in Financial Control for a bank
• Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent), trained in a reputable practice
• You have graduated with at least a 2:1 in a STEM degree from a top technical university
• Start up experience is a plus
• Deep understanding of bank’s balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles
• Be able to build a bank P&L and B/S (with key ratios) model from scratch
• Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience in applying IFRS 9 in a banking environment
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• Strong technical skills to understand and design the financial system infrastructure
• You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
• We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
• Competitive salary & equity
• Free Revolut Metal subscription
• Free dinners
• Health & Dental coverage
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Health & Dental coverage
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners