At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
This new role sits within our growing finance team based in Victoria, central London and this person will be responsible for the preparation and ownership of all FP&A requirements for the Group. Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role will work closely with the existing finance team and key business partners to improve forecasting accuracy and update senior management on the financial outlook of the business.
- You will have full ownership of the budget and subsequent forecast processes from beginning to end including:
- coordinating with teams across the business
- partnering with the business on specific segments to create forecasts with clear assumptions, going beyond the financial numbers to understand the key commercial drivers
- working on consolidation of the budgeted / forecasted main financial statements; Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- You'll update our rolling forecast model with actual monthly data
- You will work on understanding cash requirements and forecasting daily cash modelling
- You will assist in the preparation of reports for senior management and the Board
- You will support our finance team as a cross-departmental liaison and will work on ad-hoc projects for the FC and CFO as required
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).